We think a few of these will surprise you!
If there is one constant in this world, it’s change. When we set out to make a real world adventure game, we discovered that Get Beyond the Walls is an ever-evolving journey. Whether natural, manmade, temporary or permanent, lots of uncontrollable factors can interfere with the routes in our outdoor interactive games. This is why we’re continuously developing new games and improving on old favorites.
Player feedback is essential to make sure our games stay up-to-date, playable, and relevant. At the end of each game, we ask our players to tell us about their experience. This helps us identify changes that might have occurred with the route so we can make adjustments to the game for the next team.
This feedback also gives us insights into what’s important to our players. In this article, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 responses we’ve received from Get Beyond the Walls teams. If you are wondering why you should give our games a try, check out this list:
10. Finally! Fun for a group that really doesn’t cost very much. Get Beyond the Walls games start at $49 for a group of 5.
9. Use your cellphone for more than social media. Instead of being the focus, players see how the phone can be a tool for real social connection in our live interactive games.
8. Be safe with people while playing outside. While this has been a new response that jumped into the top ten since the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve always been conscious of planning our game routes in areas that are safe and accessible.
7. Rise to the CHALLENGE of scoring against other teams. Those with a competitive nature like seeing how high they can rank on the app’s leaderboard.
6. Keep your brain sharp. Brains need exercise too, and Get Beyond the Walls players often remind us that our games help them challenge their thinking.
5. Gain a new appreciation for local history. One of our favorite parts of game development is uncovering the past and bringing it to life through these interactive adventures.
4. Sneak in some outdoor exercise. Many players are surprised by how many steps they’ve accumulated while having fun exploring their city.
3. Discover facts and features in your city that you never knew existed. Even more people are surprised by how many things they didn’t know about the city they’re in. These games take them to places they may have never gone otherwise.
2. See your friends, family, or coworkers in a whole different way. Players have been amazed to see how this team-based game brings out each others’ qualities and strengths.
And coming in at the top…
1. Spend time together with your favorite people. Quality time with friends and family ranks highest on the list of reasons to play Get Beyond the Walls!
Find a Get Beyond the Walls game here.
Graduation is a busy time. There is a whirlwind of events to coordinate, emotional rollercoasters to ride, and major life decisions to be made.
One minute you are searching “graduation party planning,” “graduation gift ideas,” and “things to do before graduation day,” and the next the big day is here before you are ready. You don’t want to miss a moment, but it all happens so quickly.
Don’t worry if it’s already upon you and you didn’t make it through all those internet lists. There is one gift idea, one thing to do, that stands out above all others (at least in our humble opinion). The most important thing you can give or get as a graduate the summer after graduation is the gift of time.
Time spent enjoying yourself with your favorite people is something you will not regret. Not only will you be creating awesome memories that last a lifetime, but enjoying some well deserved playtime is a great way to relieve stress too!
Get Beyond the Walls outdoor adventure games are the ideal way to have fun with a group. Solve puzzles, hunt for clues, answer challenges, and earn points in these city-based adventure games. This interesting, affordable outdoor activity can be done in an afternoon and is great for all ages. With games in cities from Austin to Boston, you are sure to find one nearby.
When you and your friends play Get Beyond the Walls, you’ll feel accomplished, invigorated, challenged, and connected, like you’ve worked together and conquered something. If you are the proud parent, we encourage you to plan a family day for you and your graduate to play. If you are a recent grad, Get Beyond the Walls games provide the perfect activity to get you and your friends together before your lives all head in different directions.
Whether you are purchasing the game to play now, or giving your grad a code to play later, Get Beyond the Walls is a unique gift idea that they will appreciate long after the graduation money is spent. If you’re ready to be the initiator of some serious memories, choose your game at GetBeyondtheWalls.com.